Friday, December 6, 2013

Holiday Bazaar


It has been a very busy fall, and Christmas is right around the corner.  No matter how early I start planning, shopping, or crafting, by December, I am behind!  One of the reasons is that this year I had my own table at our church's Holiday Bazaar.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work, too!  But, I am happy to report that I sold quite a few items.  My son came with me to help and after the bazaar, he asked how many other bazaars I wanted to do next year..hahaha!  I'd say he enjoyed it!

 I was lucky to have a wall spot, so I could display my purses and a couple Scandinavian Christmas stockings.  I will show a close up of those on another post.

 I tried to make a variety of things....children's hats, adult hats, purses, chalk cloth labels, food, etc.

 Since the Bazaar was right before Thanksgiving, I made a nice selection of decorated Thanksgiving cookies.

 My daughter contributed the cutest Tooth Fairy pillows and beautiful hot cup sleeves.

 She also made a couple of beautiful baby blankets/ lap quilts, and a wonderful Halloween wall hanging or table mat.

 I made "Portable Chalk Boards" that have a fabric chalk board, a pocket for chalk storage, and another pocket for the wipe off cloth.  These chalk boards can be rolled up and taken with a child to a restaurant, a waiting room, etc.

 I also made a selection of decorated Christmas cookies...which can be frozen until the holidays.

 Here is a better view of the hot cup sleeves.  I even had a stuffed penguin ready to be taken home and snuggled.

And to top it off (ha ha), I fabricated a selection of fleece hats.  I had so much fun making these.  My husband made this great display stand.  The hats drew a lot of attention, so as you can see, I had a hard time keeping them all straightened and "looking forward" !

Here's closer look at the fire breathing dragon!!

All in all, it was a fun day.  I am inspired to start getting ready for next year.  But, first, I better get ready for Christmas.  

I hope that you are enjoying this holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment