Monday, April 22, 2013

From Miss to Mrs.

 My nephew is about to be married...in June.  And, I am about to have a new niece!  Actually, I already feel like she is my niece.  They have been dating for a long time, and she is already an important part of our family.  Yes, we all love her; she is sweet, creative, kind, intelligent, sooo pretty, very funny, and an amazing violinist!  Sarah, welcome, officially, to the family!
We  (the mothers, aunts, sisters-in-laws to be, sister-in-law, cousins, friends, etc.) hosted a wedding shower last week.  It was  a lot of fun; delicious food, beautiful decorations, fun games, amazing gifts, and a great chance to "catch up" with family and friends.

Sarah likes the colors pink and purple, and she also likes polka dots.  Hence, the theme of the shower.  I will show the decorations in a later post.   The buffet included Minestrone Soup, Baked Potato Soup, Pistachio Salad, Halle Berry Salad, Farfalle Chicken Pasta Salad, Caprese skewers, Fruit Ka-bobs, Vegetables and Dip, Rolls, and Cake Pops and Cookies for dessert.  (I may have forgotten a few things on the buffet, it was yummy!)  One of my jobs was to make the decorated cookies, and I had a ball!


 Sarah will be a beautiful June bride..only about 7 weeks to go...

 I made about 40 cookies for approximately 35 guests.  This is one of the platters, the polka dots and flowers were fun to make.  I tried to use some of the wording that was on the banners, made by my very creative daughter. 



 I never know how may cookies to show, but I try to get close enough so that others can see the details if they want to decorate cookies, too.


 Wedding cakes, and more wedding cakes!


 Bridal Gowns!
 Here is a second platter of cookies.  I was a little disappointed with the engagement ring decorations, but I have some new ideas for next time.  They need a little more filigree on the bands!



Sarah and Brad, we hope that your wedding day will be even better than your wedding day dreams! 

 And that you both have a life filled with love, happiness, success, excitement, new adventures, and peace!
 Sarah loves Brad, and Brad loves Sarah!

And I love Brad and Sarah!

Have a wonderful week!  Enjoy the sunshine and rain, we need both!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous post, Gayl. I can attest the cookies were as delicious as they were beautiful and unique! Thank you for honoring Sarah (and Brad) with your time and talents. tmv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayl, Your cookies were absolutely delicious but hard to eat because they were decorated so beautifully. In fact, one of the guests who sat at our table was going to take her cookie home and display it in a picture frame. Thank you for bringing your wonderful works of art to Sarah's shower. js

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in the wrong business!! SO STUNNING !! LOVE, LOVE,
    Grandma Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. "So Stunning!" Grandma Sally couldn't have said it better.... I'm sitting here with the words "WOW!" still floating around the room! Amazing decorations!

    ReplyDelete